23 December 2008

Happy To You

I've pretty much been in motion non-stop lately. I may or may not have been wrapping in my sleep... If I wake up tomorrow with curling ribbon smooshed on my cheek, I'll let you know.

So I thought while I'm slacking in the bloggy world, I'd share what's going on in the real world this week.

I did a little baking.

Frosted gingerbread cookies

Followed by shortbread, anise spritz, chocolate chip, and lemon sugar cookies.These are the picture frames in our bathroom. I take ZERO credit for this idea.I've seen it so many places, I can't even credit one of them.And the tree is finally done.
Minus the topper, which I have located, but is out of stock.

Again.

I'm sure I'll have it by August.

How about some ornament highlights?

We got this on our honeymoon at the Waterford Factory in Ireland.Why, yes. That IS plaid ribbon on the tree.

It simply has to match this:And these. There's plaid in pretty much every room of the house.

These were the favors at our December wedding in 2002.



And last but not least, the highlight of our tour:

Meh? Ok...

What if I told you it was a smoke detector?

Yes. Yes it is.

Growing up I was the only kid I knew who had a smoke detector inside their tree. Other than my sibs and 'rents, I am still the only person I know with a smoke detector inside my tree.

I'm off for the next few days for Christmas parts 1 and 1a. (Part 2 is in January with Hubby's family.)

Whatever you're celebrating this week, in the words of the Monkey himself:

HAPPY TO YOU!

13 comments:

  1. Happy to Monkey, too! Hope Santa is good to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great:-) Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing you are related to a firefighter - I am going to ask a friend with a firefighter father if she had a smoke detector inside her tree, will report back soon!

    Happy happy to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cookies are making my mouth water. YUM! And your decorations are gorgeous (you really went to Ireland on your honeymoon? HOW COOL!)
    I hope you and yours have wonderful holidays!
    Peace & Love,
    ~Barb~

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the plaid!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy Holidays!

    IB

    http://idiotsstew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ALL of your decorations!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The kids are home with me, but my husband is at work until this afternoon. We're baking today. There's flour EVERYWHERE :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what time is dinner? i call dibs on sitting under the tree!!!

    your house looks FABULOUS!

    merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pics - and the smoke detector for the tree? I HAVE to get hubby one, he would sleep better at night! The plaid throughout the house is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been very busy for you and your decorations are absolutely beautiful. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aaaawww...love the pine cones in the little wire thingie thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You funny. I hope you have survived your whirlwind of holiday activity.

    Oh and feel free to post those cookie recipes...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the plaid on that tree!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete

What's up, Pixel Peep?